BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things That Made Me Smile This Week

  • I don't know what it says about me that Google is introducing me to artists but one of its endlessly cool homepages featured art by Takashi Murakami and it was just the funnest thing ever.  This picture is my wallpaper on my computer and I wish I could wallpaper my life with it.  And just live inside its happiness.  Not every flower is perfect, some have different eyes even, but they're all so damn smiley and cute:

  • The ladies at Hello Giggles have been inspiring me to mix up my pinks and reds in the nail care department (see the "Get Yo Nails Did!" posts each week) so I went looking for something blue.  Something that would look cute with jeans or jean shorts or these great periwinkle blue cargo shorts I have.  What I found is Sally Hansen's Blizzard Blue.  I think it looks Metallic Smurfy but what ever.  It's summery and it looks super-cute with jeans.  It's also the color of the mat in my bathroom but I'm not sure whether that's good or bad.

these are not my nails :)
  • There was a winner on The Voice.  So much about this show was so much better than American Idol.  The build-up was cool and hyped.  The blind auditions made it so much more interesting that these people were actually chosen for their voice and not how they would look on a CD case (or mp3 download?).  The judges are actually people who have had great success in the industry (I think Idol finally picked up on that with Steven Tyler and JLo but too little, too late) and are funny (and mostly coherent).  And the people on here could actually sing their asses off.  The top 8 or whatever could mostly have outstanding careers.  I also have to say that it's rare that a show like The Voice gives you a peek into how heartbreaking an industry music is but the fact that so many of these people had deals fall through and CDs that never got released made me root for them even more.  I would really like to know how these contestants were chosen (I have a contender living in my very house, The Voice people!).  I think everyone knew who was going to win from the very start and for the benefit of the peeps reading this I know haven't watched yet, I won't spoil.  But that person won and that made me smile (and a little teary).

0 comments: