BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I finished these books in record time thanks to the long holiday weekend and Collins' amazing pacing. While providing every detail necessary to draw you into Katniss' world, the speed of the events of these three books is breathless. I'm actually finding myself excited for the movies because they would have to try really hard to mess this up. It has everything from larger than life characters, action, worlds exploding, good and evil, cool gadgets and mystery. I am anxious though to see how they play out the core of what this book was to me. Without spoiling anything for anyone who hasn't read it yet, the "love triangle" goes on in a completely new way and it's telling what its process and resolution means to everyone involved.


For me there was only one way this story could end and I'm so glad that's where she took it. By the last chapter I was sobbing hysterically and reading really slowly because I just didn't want to leave these characters. It's so rare that one book comes along that makes you leave your life behind for hours on end and get transported to another place wholeheartedly and become completely invested in a make-believe world. Even more rare that there are three that are equally as compelling.




View all my reviews

1 comments:

HiDelicious said...

I've since checked out the casting for this. Some I think are awesome---Lenny Kravitz as Cinna? YES! The girl who's playing Katniss is exactly what I pictured her as. And both her and Peeta are from Kentucky, cool. But the BOY they got to play Peeta is what I'm not sure about it. In my head he looked a little more Charlie Hunnam: blond, built and sensitive. This kid doesn't look any of those things. ugh, we'll see.