BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Catch Up Time

Yes, I'm working like crazy.  Traveling more than I want to places I've already been.  Doing all the spring things you do when you have a house like weeding and mulching and cutting grass (see working off the food, below).  And at some point we'll touch on my twitter feed compulsion that led to my HelloGiggles problem. The fact that I can now stream my Netflix movies RIGHT INTO MY TV people!  I have 4 doggies and 2 cats that I would spend every second snuggling with if I could. 


But mostly I eat and then I run.  (sometimes the other way around)
FOOD

carrot orzo risotto with herbed "chicken"
I have completely given in to my love of food.  I heart everything about it---thinking about it, preparing it, eating it, serving it to others. You can expect to see my beautiful (it's in the eyes of the beholder, remember) plates of food that I can't stop myself from snapping. Aside from my crazed poring over healthy mag recipes (carrot orzo was from @FitnessMagazine) I also decided to start taking cooking classes and going to demos. I have been so pleasantly surprised by the bounty the Cincinnati area has to offer.  My most favorite has been the series that has let me bring out my inner Food Network Star (yes, that started again!!!) that I'm taking at The Learning Kitchen (their jammin set up is below) where I learned 5 fantastic Vegetarian Indian recipes (I made that mouthwatering plate).  My next class is next week where I'll be honing my knife skills.  And while my bf was a little concerned (I have actually sliced off the top of my thumb.  What?  It grows back!) I am sure that learning can only give me more power and lead to LESS injuries in the kitchen.
The Learning Kitchen
full vegetarian Indian meal













WORKING OFF THE FOOD


As much as I love the food is as hard I feel I have to work it off.  A doughnut takes 2 miles to run off. The fact that I know that says everything you need to know.  After completing the New York Marathon in November of last year (YES!  that happened, I have PROOF!) I wasn't sure if I would want to keep running these crazy distances so I stopped for about 2 months and tried to be normal about cardio.  But as soon as the temperatures started rising and the ice & snow started tapering off and my feet hit the pavement, I knew that wouldn't last.  So in May I ran my 3rd Flying Pig Half Marathon (again in the rain but finished STRONG!) and in September I am signed up for the US Air Force Marathon in Dayton, OH.  I've been in a sort of holding pattern until my marathon program kicks into high gear 12 weeks prior to the race but I've added a TON of cross training and my obsession with the Biggest Loser led me to try @mytrainerbob 's crazy-ass workouts.  I've done ALOT of workout DVD's and it's rare that I'm in my air conditioned house, dripping with sweat and actually yelling out from the burn but the man is no joke.  And seriously, anyone with those abs can tell me what to do anyday.
riiiight?

0 comments: