BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Book Read

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a good call for my post-Hunger Games withdrawal.  While I never felt like life as I know it was going to stop if I didn't find out what happened to these characters and I never once shed a tear, I did really enjoy this book.  It was a quick, satisfying read built around a uniquely interesting premise and likable characters.

The similarities to THG are there for sure and I see why the distributors jumped at this and designed the cover the way they did and bought the movie rights.  But Roth should be given credit for a wonderfully inventive, intriguing story, a compelling setting and characters you care about.

I'm bummed that I now have to wait for her to finish the second in the series because I'd really like to see where she takes her factionless heroes.


View all my reviews


0 comments: